Complete the following exam and send it to Mrs. Marta Di Francesco by mail: martanuma@hotmail.com
LMGSM IESE 2 CADET:---------------------------------------------PART 2. READING COMPREHENSION.
Estimated time needed: 30 minutes.
Exercise 3
Read the article about Jenny’s Holiday in New Zealand.
Highlight (A) if the sentences are Right or (B) if they are Wrong. If there is not enough information, highlight (C) Doesn’t say.
Our holiday in New Zealand
Last year, my husband Mike and I decided to visit New Zealand. We wanted to tour the country, but we both hate long car journeys. The travel agent suggested a 13-day coach trip. It was a good price, so we booked it with our plane tickets. We made a good choice. The coach journeys passed quickly and our driver told us about each place. We learned a lot from him.
We flew from London to Christchurch and had a free day there before the coach trip started. We weren’t at all tired, so we walked round the city from morning till night. It has good museums, many restaurants and lovely shops. The best place we visited on the rip was Queenstown. You can choose to do almost anything, from sailing to climbing. We had three days there, but it wasn’t enough.
All the hotels were good. My favourite one was the Puka Lodge. It was on a hill above a beach and there were trees everywhere. We woke up and listened to the birds singing. Now when we’re eating breakfast at home and we hear the noise of the traffic, we think of those beautiful mornings in New Zealand!
EXAMPLE
0 Jenny and Mike prefer travelling by car.
A. Right B. Wrong C. Doesn’t say
1. They paid for the coach tour when they got to New Zealand.
A. Right B. Wrong C. Doesn’t say
2. Their coach was a fast one.
A. Right B. Wrong C. Doesn’t say
3. The driver gave them useful information.
A. Right B. Wrong C. Doesn’t say
4. After the plane journey, they needed to sleep.
A. Right B. Wrong C. Doesn’t say
5. They wanted to stay longer in Queenstown.
A. Right B. Wrong C. Doesn’t say
6. They went swimming at the Puka Park Lodge.
A. Right B. Wrong C. Doesn’t say
7. Their house is near a busy road.
A. Right B. Wrong C. Doesn’t say
PART 3. USE OF ENGLISH.
Estimated time: 20 minutes.
Exercise 1
READ THE SENTENCES FROM A LETTER TO A FRIEND . Highlight THE BEST WORD FOR EACH SPACE.
Dear Maria,
1. It’s good to be back home in my . . . but I still think of all the friends I made in our English class, especially you.
a) house b) country c) home
2. I cried when I . . . England because my visit was too short.
a) left b) went c) arrived
3. I would . . . to return to England but next time I will stay in a different city.
a) want b) like c) enjoy
4. I have started English classes again here. I learnt a lot of things in England but I know I . . . to study even harder.
a) must b) had c) have
5. What about you? Are you still . . . for a job? I hope you find one soon.
a) finding b) filling c) looking
Love,
Sophie.
-Exercise 2:
Complete the conversations with the best option. Highlight A, B or C.
6)- Would you check Sam’s work? A- Can I do it later?
B- When did it finish?
C- He’s wrong.
7)- What time did the bus arrive? A- It’s three o’clock.
B- About 20 minutes ago.
C- For half an hour.
8)- Dan’s got a new bicycle, hasn’t he? A- It’s his brother’s.
B- He’s a good driver.
C- For half an hour.
9)- I’d like to try on these shoes, please. A- Would you like them?
B- What colour are they?
C- Are they the right size?
10)- Here’s my ticket. A- How much does it cost?.
B- Can I see your passport too?
C- Where do you go?
-Exercise 3:
Complete the conversation at the doctor’s. What does Peter say to Dr Robertson? For questions 11 to 15, Write the correct letter A to G. There are two extra options.
example:
Dr Robertson: Hello, you must be Peter Jones. What’s the problem?
Peter: (0) D
Dr Robertson: Oh yes, it’s the right one, isn’t it?
A. I suppose not. Will I need to go to hospital?
B. The left one’s fine.
C. I was playing football this morning and I fell badly.
D. It’s my leg, doctor, it really hurts.
E. How long will it take?
F. The pain’s here, just above my foot.
G. Well I wanted to, but I had to play until the end.
H. I can but it hurts when I walk
Where does it hurt?
Peter: (11) . . .
Dr Robertson: Can you move it?
Peter: (12) . . .
Dr Robertson: Does it? And how did you do this, Peter?
Peter: (13) . . .
Dr Robertson: Did you leave the match when that happened?
Peter: (14) . . .
Dr Robertson: That wasn’t a very good idea, was it?
Peter: (15) . . .
Dr Robertson: It’s not that bad! But don’t play any football for two weeks.
Peter: Right, I won’t.
-Exercise 4:
Read the article about Penelope Cruz, the film star. Choose (highlight) the best word ( A, B or C) for each space:
The actress Penelope Cruz comes (0) . . . Madrid and was born in 1974. She dances (16) . . . well and once made a rock video with the group Mecano. Cruz made (17) . . . first film in 1991 and soon became a big name in Spanish cinema. Since then, she has (18) . . . in several important films in Spain and in the USA. One Spanish film won an Oscar in the famous film competition, for the (19). . . foreign film. When she is going to make a new film, she looks for information that will make the film really special. This often means travelling to (20) . . . country and talking to people there.
example
0) A- from B- by C- on
16)- A- too B- very C- enough
17)- A- his B- its C- her
18)- A- been B- be C- being
19)- A- good B- better C- best
20)- a- other b- all c- another
LEVEL 2.
PART 4. WRITING.
Estimated time needed: 30 minutes.
-Exercise 1:
You studied English in London for 6 weeks. Write about your experience in your personal diary. Say who you lived with or where you stayed, what places you visited and the things you did each day, how you travelled and your impressions and feelings about London. Write between 60 and 80 words.
-Exercise 2:
You are going to meet your friend Jan at the sports centre. Say
· when you want to meet her here.
· what sport you would like to do
· what she should bring.
Follow the conventions for an informal letter. Write between 50 and 60 words.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario
Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.